3/01/2012

Are Real Life Pals Better than Twitter Pals?

Please meet my pal Stanley (doing his best sad eyed - look how cute I am impression).

Stanley visited with me for a long weekend recently.  During that visit, it "may" have been brought to my attention that I have issues (human code for neutotic).

Hmmm....Well, after much careful consideration, I have come to the realization that I "may" have some issues all right...with territory (all mine), food (Stanley tried to push me out of the way and eat my dinner the first night. We discussed his incorrect assumption loudly until Diana "ahemed" us and put us each in our corner of the kitchn to finish), possesive opinions about my toys (I repeat, mine) and the overwhelming desire to sleep in the big bed with Diana and Michael alone (again, all mine).

All this questioning of my right of ownership to space, noms and laps got me wondering and debating the relative merits of Real Life Pals v. Twitter pals.

So, in the spirit of fun, I came up with the following Pro/Con lists:

 Real Life Pals - Pro
  1. You visit with them in the fur
  2. You get treats from them
  3. You get gifts on your Gotcha Day & Christmas
  4. You can bark at them when you want
Real Life Pals - Con
  1. They visit you in the fur
  2. They eat your treats
  3. They eat your stuffed toy treats
  4. They can bark back when they want
  5. Rare, but not unusual, to be friends with a kitty
  6. Not likely to friends with a zombie bear
  7. Not recommended to chat with a real bear
  8. They want to sit with Diana in my chair
  9. They want to sleep in my bed 
Twitter Pals - Pro
  1. You can virtual visit with them anytime  
  2. They can virtual visit with you anytime 
  3. You get to enjoy many success stories
  4. You can chat with a bear, or two, or three 
  5. You get treats and cards from them in the mail
  6. You taste test treats to send to them
  7. You can block them
  8. Can be friends with bears, a rabbit or a finger puppet
  9. When something bad happens there is a whole community to help you feel better
  10. All the amazing pictures
  11. You get more Christmas Cards than Diana & Michael do
 Twitter Pals - Con
  1. Rarely visit or get visited by them in real life
  2. Spam Bots and naughty girls will want to be “friends”
  3. You can’t thank them in person for thinking of you and sending cards
  4. You can get blocked
  5. The more pals you have the greater the odds of something bad happening to one of them
  6. Diana learned she’s a terrible photographer
Hmmm....Yap....so, after reviewing the data, I've come to a few conclusions. 
  1. Better is not the right word after all - fullfilled is
  2. Judging between the two is arbitrary and adds nothing of value to life 
  3. What can seem like a pro can actually have a flip side con
  4. I'm an a-ok puppy blessed with many wonderful friends
 Life is grander for all of us by having pals of all kinds in your life.  Having Twitter Pals feels more like the whipped cream on top of my rescue life strawberry sundae. What do you guys think?

 
^ . . ^

 
Woof!

4 comments:

marley said...

Brilliunt analysis my apl. You ave it bang on. We like all our pals wevver they dz be ere in the fur or out on the internet. Woof

Unknown said...

Lol silly girl! Ellie thinks all toys are ALL hers too and tries to collect them all and hoard them lol.

BigBoyBosco said...

Just think Sasha, if it weren't for Twitter we would have never met, and I wouldn't have fallen in love with you..

Kingsland kennels said...

Nice blog

I'm going to BlogPaws 2012 badge