8/30/2010

Diets Suck

When Diana and Michael rescued me I weighed 12 ¼ lbs. Now I weigh 13 ½ lbs. Almost a 10% increase in 6 months. We had no idea because I carry the weight so well…  Hey, be nice now. Who you calling fat?

I do not get people food. Sure, I get cheese. Cheese is not people food, it’s a training tool and Jeff said to keep it coming when I see another dog…waaa haaa haaa…I see a lot of dogs (some real - some not) on my evening walks…

I get special, just for me, duck and potato dry kibble. I also get one small dog treat cookie when we get finish our walk. It’s all right. I have no complaints.

!!!!!!! EXCEPT ONE !!!!!!!

On the side of the food bag is a chart for how much to feed me. It says ½ cup 2 times a day. Diana thought that sounded like a lot. My friend, Katey the Pug, only gets ¼ cup 2 times a day. She weighs 23 lbs. I did the math and nearly fainted when I saw the answer to that weight-to-kibble equation.

The extra weight has caused problems that I’ll bark about later. So - Diana cut me off. GRRRRRRR.  Oh, yeah and a few more GRRRRRRRRRRRs just because.

Let’s just say I now get a scrawny amount of kibble - a very light sized ¼ cup for breakfast and another ¼ for dinner. We also doubled how long our walk is. That part I really like. We walk almost 45 minutes each night plus we stop at the neighborhood park so I can run back and forth on the grass for at least 10 minutes.

We are supposed to go back to the vet in two weeks to see how much I’ve lost.

I tell you right now - I’m starving and I’ve lost enough, thank you very much. I’m working the after walk exhaustion angle first. If they don’t buy that I’ll work the pitiful eyes routine. I’ll let you know which trick works best so you can use it if you ever have to.


^ . . ^ Woof!!!!

No comments:

I'm going to BlogPaws 2012 badge